Welcome to the blog

Please use this place to share your experiences or just ask a question about the Bioclear Matrix System by Dr. David Clark. Click here to learn how to post, comment or view the blog FAQs.


Monday, May 5, 2008

Could you please tell me who makes this explorer so that I may procure one myself?

I am going to use my new bioclear matrix on a deeply restored anterior tooth today. I'm very excited about it. In anticipation of today's appointment, I reviewed the DVD again and noticed Dr. Clark's beautiful explorer. I believe it had an endodontic tip on one end and a regular explorer tip on the other. It was titanium nitride coated. Could you please tell me who makes this explorer so that I may procure one myself. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Daniel M. Whiteman, D.M.D.

..............................

(Reply from Dr. Clark to Daniel)
Dear Daniel,

When I get a moment I try to answer a few emails.

I am so pleased that you are excited about the Bioclear system. It has been a very long journey...

We are carrying all of the micro-restorative instruments including the"Clark Explorer". It does not leave grey streaks on enamel or layered composite like normal explorers. Yes, I sweat the little stuff!

The instruments are available from us now, they will not be on the website for another month or so. I will have Kristin send one, and I will also have her send one set of the micro-pliers. Let us know how you like them.

Cheers
David

..............................

(Reply from Daniel to Dr. Clark)
Hi David,

I can't imagine what it takes to take a product to market. Congratulations on your success so far. I'm sure it is only the beginning.

I first became aware of your product/techniques in Dentistry Today. I have always been a fan of microdentistry, even before it had a name associated with it. I always hated the "extension for prevention" concepts and pretty much rejected them once I got out of school (back in '93). I eventually started to do slot preps on my own (to the chagrin of my bosses I have to say). I love your saucer technique in that it really is conceptualized for composites. How right you were when you stated that our previous preparations for composites were simply amalgam preps filled with composite. In addition, the logical idea to bring the finish-able margin into the accessible zone by finishing the "flash" (so to speak) is quite simply brilliant. Anyhow, I'm really just writing to say thanks for your email and of course, thanks for sending me the instruments. That is most generous... I just thought some positive feedback on your products and techniques are deserved. Looks like you're leaving your mark on our profession.

Much thanks,
Daniel.

No comments: